cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP Navigator 5.0 Won't Start for Network Printer MG5320

bper
Apprentice

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed Navigator 5.0 for Canon MG5320 printer that I can print on the network. When I try to invoke the Navigator, it doesn't load because it can't find the printer. Can I only use this program on a computer that is connected to the printer via a direct cable connection or can I use it with a network connection? If so, how do I tell Navigator that the printer is on the network? Again, I can print from the computer so the network connection is functioning properly.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bper,

Please make sure that the unit is selected correctly in MP Navigator. Please open MP Navigator and click on the Preferences button. The PIXMA MG5320 that should be selected is the network attached, not the USB attached. The network PIXMA MG5320 will be named PIXMA MG5320 (xxx) with the mac address of the unit in parenthesis.

Also, please make sure that the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running.  From the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements