cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6220 Printer and it has suddenly lost wifi connection.

Poodlz
Contributor

The printer can find my wireless connection but my computer can't find the printer.  I have tried both the Wireless process and the USB process with no luck. When I have printed out my Network configuration page and went thru the USB process and it still wouldn't find the printer on my network and I was given the manual connection I noted that the IP address was 192.168.1.66 but the IP address on my wireless router is 192.168.1.254?  Is this causing a problem.  I have been printing fine for the last 4 years since I bought the printer and it just so happens I had to buy a new modem and I'm wondering if it is something to do with the new set-up.  Would love some help as I am screaming!!

14 REPLIES 14

Yes. Clean install of drivers...

When you went thru the set up for Wireless connection did it find the printer or did you have to try with USB cable?  You might also like to try deleting the wireless connection on the printer and reconnecting!  Printers can be so fustrating!!

Setup found the printer. Didn't use a cable or setup with one.

I reset all settings on the printer.

Windows sees it

The Canon IJ Network Tool sees it

I can't print to it.

I've started and email exchange with Canon support.

If they find the answer I'll post it.

I was having a similar problem to many of you.

Under Windows 7, no issues with printing or scanning. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and whilst I was able to scan (MG7550) was unable to print but could see printer.

Found that the issue wasn't with the printer software or drivers, but with my firewall.

In my case it's Bitdefender. The solution was/is

Open Bitdefender

Go to Firewall

Go to Adapters - make sure adapter has the Network type set to Trusted, Stealth mode set to Off, Generic set to On

Can't talk about other AV products, but perhaps have a look at what's happening with the firewall side.

Anyways, hope this helps some of you.

I use Bitdefender !!!

The change to the firewall setting worked immediately!!

Thank you very much, movdb75!

Very appreciated!!

Announcements