cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6220 Printer and it has suddenly lost wifi connection.

Poodlz
Contributor

The printer can find my wireless connection but my computer can't find the printer.  I have tried both the Wireless process and the USB process with no luck. When I have printed out my Network configuration page and went thru the USB process and it still wouldn't find the printer on my network and I was given the manual connection I noted that the IP address was 192.168.1.66 but the IP address on my wireless router is 192.168.1.254?  Is this causing a problem.  I have been printing fine for the last 4 years since I bought the printer and it just so happens I had to buy a new modem and I'm wondering if it is something to do with the new set-up.  Would love some help as I am screaming!!

14 REPLIES 14

kissfan101
Contributor

I have this same problem that started after my Windows 10 upgrade.

I did a clean install of the OS and downloaded the latest drivers.

During setup, the printer is recognized but no print jobs will go to it.

When I type the IP address in my web browser I see the printer.

I can't see the printer if I type the IP address in browser and I haven't updated to Windows 10.  The only change that has happened since I last printed was I had to make some changes on my router (changed channel).  Is the IP address you typed in your browser the same IP as your modem?

I don't think it has anything to do with the IP address of your router but I may be wrong.

The IP address can found on the printer screen when you go into settings then device settings then scroll down a little.

I do know there is nothing wrong with the printer itself as it works fine with a USB connection.

Yes, I'm the same I can print from USB but can't from Wi-Fi, but what's bugging me is what changes have been made that prevents the Wi-Fi connection.  Printer is finding my Wi-Fi, I have an Airport Express and it's finding my Wi-Fi will perhaps ring a Canon helpdesk here in NZ to see if I can find the problem!!

Finally fixed it!!! 

I uninstalled the Printer driver and then downloaded the driver from the Canon web site and everything is back in working order....yeah (a wasted two days!!)

Thanks for your comments

I've reloaded the drivers.

The Canon IJ Network Tool sees the printer but when I try to print a test page or check the status of the printer it comes up "printer not responding"

If anybody has suggestions I'd love to hear them ...

I would try deleting your printer Lan connections and then resetting them - perhaps the setting you have for your printer is not correct now??

Actually, I just hit "reset all" on the printer and when through the steps for the network to see the printer again.

Same result.

The printer is seen by the network

Windows sees it as my default printer

When I try to print a test page or check the printer's status I get the same "printer not responding message".

Looks like I may just have to use a printer cable....

When you said you reloaded the printer drivers, did you uninstall thru Control Panel>Uninstall programs first.  That was one of the comments  found on the net, to just reinstall could corrupt the driver, so I uninstalled the driver, restarted the computer and then installed the download of the printer drivers??

Announcements