cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5522 connected to the LAN but does not show up on the network

dcnstephen
Apprentice

I was hoping someone could help me.  I have a Canon MG5522,  I had to replace my wireless access point and now I can not get my printer to be recognized by the access point.    The access point is a NETGEAR52.  I used the WPS LAN setup on the Canon printer which worked fine.. and it says that it is connected to the access point!  I also went into the Confirm LAN settings on the printer and it shows the status as ACTIVE, the SSID Is correct,   It DOES NOT show any IP addresses assigned the IP address section is blank.  The printer seems to think it is connected to the access point.   The access point is setup with WPA2-PSK... security and the printer even allowed me to enter the security code.. and came back and said "connected"

When I go into the access point  (thought Netgear Genie) and look at connected devices the printer does not show  up as connected nd because of that my computer can not see the printer on the next work.   What am I doing wrong... Also I am not using the 5G capability of the access point

I appreciate any help you can provide.

2 REPLIES 2

dcnstephen
Apprentice

I was hoping someone could help me.  I have a Canon MG5522,  I had to replace my wireless access point and now I can not get my printer to be recognized by the access point.    The access point is a NETGEAR52.  I used the WPS LAN setup on the Canon printer which worked fine.. and it says that it is connected to the access point!  I also went into the Confirm LAN settings on the printer and it shows the status as ACTIVE, the SSID Is correct,   It DOES NOT show any IP addresses assigned the IP address section is blank.  The printer seems to think it is connected to the access point.   The access point is setup with WPA2-PSK... security and the printer even allowed me to enter the security code.. and came back and said "connected"

When I go into the access point  (thought Netgear Genie) and look at connected devices the printer does not show  up as connected nd because of that my computer can not see the printer on the next work.   What am I doing wrong... Also I am not using the 5G capability of the access point

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

It may be possible that MAC (Media Access Control) address filtering is enabled on your router, preventing an address from being assigned to the printer.  

Check the settings for your router to see if MAC filtering or other security options are enabled that would prevent the unit from connecting to the network.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements