10-09-2018 02:25 PM
After I had to change hard drive on my PC and reinstall Windows (now Windos 10 Pro version 1803) the printer won't print images (doesn't matter if it's jpeg, png or bmp). It takes paper and makes noise as if it was printing but the page comes out blank.
I am able to print txt or docx files normally and also pictures in the document or when I print them from Painting or GIMP, but not direcly from the folder or from any image viewer (I tried two different).
Removing the driver and installing it again didn't help.
10-09-2018 02:48 PM
A test page should be printed. The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your PIXMA MG3550 is turned on.
2. Load a sheet of Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.
3. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.
4. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange once, then release it immediately.
5. The nozzle check pattern will be printed. Please compare the test page that you printed with the one that has been attached to the bottom of this post.
If the test page does not match the example attached to this email, printhead cleanings should be performed. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange twice, then release it immediately.
2. The machine starts cleaning the print head. The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights green after flashing.
Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.
After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.
Does the test page print correctly? If not, please contact our support group using the following link:
10-09-2018 03:14 PM - edited 10-09-2018 03:17 PM
There was no problem with the test page, however the printer won't print images from the computer.
But I see now that I likely posted in wrong subforum.