cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF628CW won't print

vijirajan
Apprentice

After installing the latest firmware update (v03.05), printer will no longer print. When I send print jobs from my desktop, the job will reach the printer and it will be in "Waiting" or "PAUSED" status and will not print at all. I tried disconnecting the printer from power multiple times, reset all the settings, tried wifi and ethernet but to no avail. I am not sure if there is a way to downgrade the firmware. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help,

Rajan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Connecting to the printer using USB did the trick. Now I switched back to connecting wirelessly and the printer is working as expected. Weird!

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What OS are you using the printer with (Windows or MAC)?

What driver version did you install?

Was the update performed wirelessly or did you download the file and flash manually?

While troubleshooting, it might be helpful to connect the printer to your network via ethernet, and test from t machine connected the same way. 

Have you done any diagnostics on the device?  Printed network settings, a nozzle check pattern, etc.  Visit its webserver in a browser?

Can't say for certain if the FW upgrade correlates with the recent behavior.You can try flashing it again manually from the system connected via wire.  There is no downgrade option.

Attempting to ping the printer once its IP is known can also be helpful and possibly reveal other issues keeping it from communicating with other devices.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

>> What OS are you using the printer with (Windows or MAC)?

I tried from multiple machines as well as cellphones (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS). 

>> What driver version did you install?

I presume you are asking about firmware version. It is V03.05. If you are asking for the driver version, it is the latest version available on Canon website for this printer. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers multiple times.

>> Was the update performed wirelessly or did you download the file and flash manually?

Firmware update was performed on the printer itself using Wi-fi.

>> Have you done any diagnostics on the device?  Printed network settings, a nozzle check pattern, etc.  Visit its webserver in a browser?

I have tried switching from wi-fi to ethernet and vice versa. Completely unplugged the printer and reconnecting it after a few minutes. Initialized all the settings. Tried to reinstall the firmware but it wouldn't let me as it already has the latest version.

>> Attempting to ping the printer once its IP is known can also be helpful and possibly reveal other issues keeping it from communicating with other devices.   

There is no connectivity issue as the job I tried to print shows up on the printer but it won't print.

I connected my printer to Mac using USB cable and that printed correctly. So it appears to be related to network somehow.

Connecting to the printer using USB did the trick. Now I switched back to connecting wirelessly and the printer is working as expected. Weird!

Thanks for the help!

Announcements