cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G2010 from A Samsung Tab S5e

Indo-Ed
Apprentice

I had a quick search of the forum but didn't see this topic - If there is one, by all means delete this thread and point me the right direction.

I have a Canon G2010 printer/scanner, a useful tool that does exactly what I need it to do as far as my PC  (Windows 8.1) goes, but I'm unable to make my Android devices see it. I realise there is no wireless, but I was hoping to find a way to connect using USB.

I've tried plugging the thing in but nothing seems to work.

As I use my tab most of the time and the PC is really only on once a week or so, usually for printing or fancy work I can't do as efficiently on my tab, being able to print (Scan would be nice but doesn't really matter) would be a nice bonus.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA

Indo-Ed
Apprentice

Thank you very much for your guidence.

I purchased the machine in Indonesia where I live, so I'll try to hunt out more local help.

However, if you have any general advice regarding connecting a Samsung Tab to a Canon printer via USB, it will likely be of help.

Ed

After a long search (and finding a good number what were frankly utter rubbish suggestions that didn't work) I downloaded Nokoprint.

It's full of really anoying ads but it does the job. As printing from the tab and phone are backups at this time, I'll live with the ads until I can find something better.

Indo-Ed
Apprentice

As a note for Canon - I emailed your Indonesian people but no answer so far.

I've owned three Canon printers (including this one) and a Canon LiDE120 scanner (and a couple of lovely cameras), but this is the first time I've needed to ask a question - The experience could have been better.

Not a complaint, more an observation.

Announcements