cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print from my Canon MX712 since I got a new modem.

Gin
Apprentice

I have a Macbook Pro using El Capitan 10.11.5.  I have an Airport Extreme wireless router and a Canon MX712 all in one wireless printer, fax, photocopier and scanner.  My modem broke down and when I installed the new one, I was back in business able to access the network, but now none of the features on my printer are working.  The blue wifi symbol on the printer is lit showing I'm connected to the wifi, but it won't connect to my laptop.  I have tried resetting the wifi access point using WPS and this did not work, so I tried using the standard set up and it says I'm connected, but nothing works.  I also used   other settings, advanced setup, selected the appropriate accesspoint and input my password, followed the instructions, but nothing works.  I bought a new airport extreme and went through all the connection steps, but even when the printer says I'm connected, I cannot print.  My print queue says unable to locate printer.  

I have read that I should reinstall the printer using the installation CD, but my laptop is strictly wifi with no place to put in a CD.

I'm stumped.  Someone please help.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can download all software here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have downloaded all the printer drivers and reinstalled and I still cannot print.  From my laptop settings it shows Canon MX712 with a green light and idle.  Then I try to print and nothing happens, so I go into my settings and now shows an amber light and say in use.  So I double click on the default printer and it shows me the status, unable to locate printer MX712.  Any other ideas as to what I might do to get this printer working. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements