cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to google cloud print

thatch
Apprentice

We recently bought a MF8580cdw and installed it wireless, very easy.  Scanner works great.  We are mostly Mac but I want to use my Chrome book to print.  When I try to enable Google print in the remote UI and hit Register I get message "Failed to acquire information for registration".  I see in the enable area Install CA Certificate.  When I check CA certificates there appears to be 5 pre installed.  I have checked the e-manual and don't find this error listed.  Checked on line and didn't seem to get a good hit.  

Update 24 hrs later.  I Found that the SSL connection check box was not checked.  After checking this the printer registered fine and it is now printing from my Chrome Book.  I did not see any reference to make sure that SSL was enabled.  sSmple fix but hard to find.

30 REPLIES 30

This worked for me, at first, but then I got the error message again.  Perhaps because I can't update my firmware, the location of the CA Certificate Settings was in a diffent location: Settings/Registration: Management Settings: Device Management> CA Certificate Settings.

As to the firmware update, my machine is connected to the internet but can't update the firmware from the control panel.  When download the firmware update, it won't run on Mac OS 10.15.3 (Catalina).  I saw another post where they will update their download files to catch up but that was 6 months ago.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/64bit-driver-needed-for-MF632Cdw-Mac-OS-Catalina-...

Hi, I have the MG6320 and am having this issue. How do I log into the web UI?

qlrocker,

Visit the following link for details about how to register the PIXMA MG6320 for Google Cloud Print

PIXMA MG6320: Using Google Cloud Print

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That doesn't work. After step 10, I get the message "Error. Cannot connect to the service. Please wait a while and try again."

You need to figure out the IP that the printer is using. You can do this by logging into your router and see the IP that is being used under the DHCP services of your router.

Once you know your IP, you can type http://IP address of your printer to get the WEB UI of your printer.

User name and password should be given in the manual or at the canon support website.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I was able to access the web UI, but it seems pretty basic. I see the Network Settings which has options for changing the IPv4 and IPv6 and then another tab labeled Other Settings with things like Printer Name and Service Name. Nothing that seems to assist with setting up google cloud print or any of the settings that was mentioned above regarding the key and certificate. Any idea where I should go from here? Thanks again.

Make sure you are logged in as an admin. You might be looking at a limited interface. How did you log on to the WEB UI?

Make sure your printer supports GOOGLE PRINT. If it does, you probably need to update the printer firmware using a USB thumb drive, if that is supported by your printer. Read the manual online. I had to upgrade my firmware to get all the fixes to the WEB UI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I forgot to check the firmware. Updated that and it registered. Hopefully that will stick.

076ldeskins765
Apprentice
Follow up to my May 5th comment. Unchecking SSL only worked for a day. My current solution for my Chromebooks, Chromebox and Android is to use the CUPS printer now available. This does not help when I'm not on the same network but covers most of my use cases.

likaydo
Apprentice
👍 YES - spot on!
Announcements