cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect my Android to my PIXMA MX490

JP0352
Apprentice

I have a Cannon Prixma MX490. My laptops and iOS phones will connect, but my Android phones will not communicate with the printer.

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi JP0352.

If the laptops and iPhone are connecting, we know the printer's wireless is working correctly.

Check that the Android phone is connected to the same wireless network on a 2.4 GHz wifi.  If you are using the Default Print Service, disable it, and instead install either the Canon Print Service or MOPRIA Print Service from the Google Play Store.  These are each designed for better support of Canon printers; the MOPRIA Print Service supports multiple brands in partnership.

You may also try using the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.  The app and the above-mentioned add-ons are available free of charge in the Google Play Store.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Donncha
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF236 laser printer. with a static IP 192.168.1.80. On this subnet I can connect to the printer using a laptop and wired PC. However, I can't connect from my android phone with IP 192.168.1.142.

However, when I change to a different router (router2 below) I can see the printer and print.\ from my phone. I've tried the Default Printer Service,  the Canon Print Service, and MOPRIA Print Service

internet > router1(192.168.1,x) > router2(192.168.0.x)

Announcements