cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect MX860 to computer wirelessly

gobarb26
Apprentice

I am not able to connect my MX860 to my computer, wirelessly.  It was just fine until a tech from Century Link came to fix a TV and internet problem.  As soon as he left, the  printer will not connect.  I have tried to do it, but I can't seem to understand what all of the directions are telling me to do.  I can not find the original disc and it appears that I might need to go that route.  If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!  By the way, I have all Apple products.

11 REPLIES 11

composerguy78
Apprentice

You need to go to this page:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

and you need to follow the process there. 

Just download and install those utilities there. Start with the canon IJ network utility and then try your setup again.

Let me know if that works.

Felix

As I explained above I did all that and I end up as described. Now what?

I am having the same problem. Any comments?

Nothing new.  I just connect my laptop via USB when I want to print,

I just worked through a confounding problem connecting my MX860 wirelessly.  I just installed WIndows 7, having had XP for 15 years, yes, I am slow to change.  I have the original CDs from Canon for the MX860 Installation.  I used that software, it did not have Windows 7 drivers on it, so the software went to the official Canon site and downloaded the correct drivers ONLY!.  Then the software installation from the CD would continue and would FAIL for the network connection.  I uninstalled the software and went through the same process a few more times.  Each time it would end up with a "Network Installation Failure".  So I then removed all the installed software again, and this time did not use the disc, only the software from the Canon site and Voila!  It all works.  I must say though, that I installed it as a network printer, installing the drivers and network tool and having to connect each PC via USB during that process seems pretty archaic.  One more also, I have a NEXUS 7 and IPhone, and neither can detect the Canon printer with the Canon app.  However the Hammermill App works like a charm.

Harry37
Apprentice

I am just now having the same problem.  I am moving my printer from my old iMac to my new iMac, and cannot get the printer to work wirelessly.  I have downloaded all the drivers, more than once and have tried everything I can think of.  

Where do I go for help, other than buy another printer.  

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.  

Hi Harry37,

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the specific version of Mac you are running (ex. 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 etc.)

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I was finally able to connect wirelessly following the instructions in the manual.

sbmck
Apprentice

I am having the same problem .. the printer thinks it is connected buy my Mac's and my PC can not see it .. Yosemite on all the Macs and Windows 8 on the PC... HELP this is driving the whole family crazy.  My router even see's the printer just none of the computers can find it.

Announcements