cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access scanner on Pixma TS9120

dendyke
Contributor

I recently purchased the TS9120 and connected it wirelessly to my iMac 27" Retina running MacOS Mojave. I can print without a problem to it, but neither the scanner nor the Mac see each other (for scanner functionality). After downloading the IJ Scan Utility Lite, I tried that but it couldn't find the scanner. I spent over an hour on the phone with Canon - they finally said I needed to reboot the router, computer, and printer. No dice - I still can't see the scanner. I get an error dialog box that says the Mac can't communicate with the scanner. All other functions work, sort of. The printer works, I can register with cloud apps, and the send to webmail looked like it worked but I never got an email of the scan. Any recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dendyke
Contributor

For anyone who stumbles across this post, the fix was to disable IPv6 on the printer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dendyke
Contributor

For anyone who stumbles across this post, the fix was to disable IPv6 on the printer.

Hi Dendyke!

Glad to hear your issue was resloved!

I did this and it did not work. I still can't scan.

I had similar problems with canon not recognizing os software software.  Just got an M1 and on the canyon driver and software page went to Lion software.  Connected by usb to computer first. Downloaded all the drivers for my old Pixma 860 and it worked great.  Had to do that every time I got a new MacOS computer. also try going backward in operating systems until you find the drivers. Try going to the printer preferences and click on the plus sign to add a new printer.    after choosing the new printer see if in the Apple image software app that your scanner may show up. Good LUCK.  

Announcements