cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF632Cdw Cannot Scan anymore! The message says "Connect the Computer"

meizhusr
Apprentice

Hi there,
I have a Canon MF632c and am running Windows 97. I set up my printer on WIFI and it's worked fine before, but now when I try and scan, it's saying "Connect the Compute". But I can print from the computer just fine. Any help on getting this matter fixed would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mei

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi meizhusr.

The earliest version of Windows on which the imageCLASS MF632Cdw is supported is Windows 7.  We do not provide software or drivers for earlier versions of Windows.  If you are printing from Windows 97/98, then you are likely using either Windows-provided generic drivers, or third-party drivers found elsewhere.

Canon provides drivers for Windows 7 to current (10), and Mac OS 10.7 through current (Mac OS 10.15). MF632Cdw Drivers & Downloads

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry my bad! I'm using Windows 7, not 97. Thanks to your response though!

I saw some other people mentioning about Scan Utility. I've searched and found MF Scan Utility program that came with the driver package. Now I'm able to use this program and have the document scanned from the printer. Even though the original issue is not resolved (click the scan button on the printer and have the document scanned), I'm okay with this work-around solution - as long as it keeps working.  But I would still like to have the original scanning function back to work! Hopefully, someone here can help me!

NMulder
Apprentice

Hi,

I have been having this same issue repeatedly.  It will print fine and scan sometimes and other times it says the same, connect to the computer.  I was told since my printer and computer are not in the same room as my router, that it could be a connection issue since I am doing it wirelessly through my WI-Fi.  I did buy a USB A to C sync cable that goes from my printer to my computer and it helped a bit but not a lot so I was told to buy a WI-FI extender which I just did from Target bc they are on sale. I am going to see if this helps with the connection issue and can let you know after.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll be curious to know if the WI-FI extender would resolve your issue. I do have a WI-FI extender and that's one the things I checked whether my computer in one WIFI but my printer is connected to WIFI extender - even though I changed to put both of them in the same WIFI, it still didn't work out for me...

azmattp
Apprentice

If you have a Mesh WiFi system then I have a tip. Using the app or intranet site for you router, assign the printer and the PC you are trying to connect with each other to receive their connection from the WiFi base. If the base is too far away for reliable signal, assign both the printer and the PC to the same satellite.

Theory: Something in the Canon desktop software limits the devices it scans for based ONLY on the other devices connect to the same access point (e.g. Mesh Satellite, Wi-Fi Extender, base router) and excludes other devices on the network.  Printing protocols and standards seem to be more robust and universal, but scanning seems to be solved by the scanner manufacturer having their own solution. 

I was having the same symptoms where I could print, but not scan.  I have Canon printer made in 2023 and a mesh network supporting the WiFi 6 protocol with 1 base (connected to the modem) and 1 satellite.  My PC is hardwired, but that feeds to the router base. The printer is closest to the wireless satellite so they default to pair to each other, hence the PC and printer were connected at different access points.  After making this change my scanning has worked reliably for a month.

I hope this helps you or someone.  Good luck.

Announcements