cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect Pixma TR8520 to Wireless - Asks for Ip Address

Bev9262
Apprentice

How do I find the IP address for this new printer to continue with wireless set up?  I was only able to hook up printer using a USB cord, and once I get the printer hooked up through wireless will I need to remove the USB cord hook-up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi Bev9262.

An IP address is not something built into the TR8520; it is assigned by the router or modem controlling your network.  To help narrow down the appropriate resources, so that this thread can provide better help, please let us know what operating system is running on the computer to which the printer's USB cord is connecting.

If you haven't yet done so, you may wish to run the driver installation.  It's available for download, free of charge, at the TR8520 Drivers & Downloads page or at the Canon IJ Setup website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168045

You don't need to remove the USB. But, if it is working OK with USB why go WiFi 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for the information.  Don't I need a wifi connection so that I can print stuff from my phone though

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you want AirPrint then yes, you would need WiFi.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Darius
Whiz

Hi Bev9262.

An IP address is not something built into the TR8520; it is assigned by the router or modem controlling your network.  To help narrow down the appropriate resources, so that this thread can provide better help, please let us know what operating system is running on the computer to which the printer's USB cord is connecting.

If you haven't yet done so, you may wish to run the driver installation.  It's available for download, free of charge, at the TR8520 Drivers & Downloads page or at the Canon IJ Setup website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64-bit operating system

Hi Bev9262.

Use the link above to download the Full Driver & Software Package to perform the wireless setup.  It will walk you through the setup, and if the default method is unable to connect the printer successfully, it will offer the option of performing the wireless setup using the USB cord.

If you're located in the U.S. and would prefer phone-based support, you may create or log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for your personalized support options.

Ok I will try that, thank you for your assistance

Announcements