cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon PIXMA MG6320 offline

brock
Apprentice

My computer always says my Cannon PIXMA MG6320 is offline. I always restart my printer. How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi, brock!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use, as well as how your printer is connected (USB or wireless).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for letting me know. It is a wireless printer and my PC uses Windows 8.1.

Thanks!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi brock,

Reinstalling your PIXMA MG6320 will resolve this issue.  To perform the uninstall, please follow these steps:

1.  Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.

2.  Click on Search.

3.  Type CONTROL PANEL.

4.  In the Search Results, click on Control Panel.

5.  Click on Programs.

6.  Click on the MG6300 MP Drivers and then Uninstall at the top.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

7.  Click on the Canon IJ Network Tool and then Uninstall at the top.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

8.  Click on the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector and then Uninstall at the top.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

9.  Reboot the computer once complete.

While the computer is restarting, please follow these steps:

1.  Flick the Home screen and then tap Setup.

2.  Tap Device Settings.

3.  Tap LAN settings.

4.  Tap Wireless LAN setup.

5.  Tap Other Setup.

6.  Tap Advanced Setup and follow the on screen instructions for setting up your PIXMA MG6320 for use on your network.

Once complete, to install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1.  Visit Canon's website at:    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Type PIXMA MG6320 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Under Recommended For You, please click on the MG6300 series Mini Master Setup.

5.  If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6.  Click the Download button.

7.  When the Save As box comes up, and click Save.

8.  Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

9.  Double click the file that you just downloaded to begin installation of the drivers.

Follow the prompts and installation will complete

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How do I do the Step 1: Flick the home screen and tap setup?

Hi markgl99,

You would use your finger to move or "flick" the items displaying on the screen to the left or right until you get to the menu item that you want to select, then tap your finger on the screen when you get to the menu item to select it and display applicable options.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements