07-19-2014 06:22 PM
To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
07-30-2014 07:22 AM
When you change an modem or router, the netowrk information must be update. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Click Start and select All programs (or Programs), Canon IJ Network Utilities, Canon IJ Network Tool, and then Canon IJ Network Tool.
2. Select the PIXMA MG5220 in Printers.
3. Select Configuration from the Settings menu.
4. Click on the Wireless LAN tab.
5. Next to SSID, click the Search button.
6. In the new window that appears, select your access point an click Set. If your access point does not appear in the list, click the Update button.
7. Select your encryption method from the drop down box and click the Configuration button.
8. If you are using WEP, enter your WEP Key and click OK. If you are using WPA, click the Change Settings button, enter your passphrase, click Next and click Finish.
You should be able to use your PIXMA MG5220 wirelessly now.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
07-31-2014 05:13 PM
I have this problem , have a MG5220, Win 7, all had been working for a couple years or so...now "printer Offline"
Step 1 of your solution says go to certain Canon utilities which are not on my computer and did not come on my CD Rom....can I download these and if so where are they?
07-31-2014 05:35 PM
The IJ Netowrk Tool is part of the whole package that gets installed when you install the driver. Try reinstalling your PIXMA MG5220:
1. Click on Start and then Run. If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:
1-1. Click Start.
1-2. Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.
1-3. Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.
1-4. In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.
1-5. Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.
1-6. Click OK in the Properties window.
2. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
3. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
4. Double click the folder named WIN.
5. Double click the folder named Driver.
6 Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
7. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double click DELDRV64. In the Run box click OK.
8. Click Execute to start uninstall and Yes to completely uninstall the drivers.
9. Once finished, click on Start and then Run.
10. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
11. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
12. Double click the folder named WIN.
13. Double click the folder named Driver.
14. Double click the folder named LAN.
15. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
16. In the Run box click OK and then Yes on the Delete BJNP Port window.
17. The uninstaller will prompt you to restart the computer, please click Yes to restart the computer.
While the computer restarts, please reset the PIXMA MG5220:
1. Select [Setup] from the HOME screen on your PIXMA MG5220.
2. Press the right arrow key to select Device Settings and press OK.
3. Press the down arrow key to select LAN Settings and press OK.
4. Select Reset LAN Settings and press OK.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Use the up or down button on your PIXMA MG5220 to display Setup and press the right FUNCTION button.
2. Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
3. Select Yes and press OK.
4. Select Easy Setup and press OK.
5. Select your access point name and choose OK.
6. Press the right FUNCTION button on the Enter passphrase or Enter WEP screen.
7. Enter your WEP or passphrase and press OK.
8. Make sure network key is correct and press OK.
9. When the connection confirmation appears, press OK.
10. Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MG5220. The setup program will start automatically. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
11. Click on Easy Install.
12. When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install.
13. Select Use the Printer on Network and click Next.
14. If it appears, please read the License Agreement carefully and click Yes if you agree.
15. Click Next at the Printer Detection screen.
16. Select your PIXMA MG5220 in the Detected Printers List and click Next.
17. On the Canon IJ Network Tool screen, select the PIXMA MG5220 and click Next.
18. Confirm the results and then click Finish to complete the installation.
Once reinstalled, you should be able to print.
07-31-2014 07:40 PM
07-31-2014 08:39 PM
It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.
Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.