cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon MF 227dw

ELVIS
Apprentice

My printer goes to sleep after about 5 minutes and after that if I try to print or scan, print and/or scan software, cannon latest version, says my printer is not connected to the network.  I can shorten the time for the printer to go to sleep, but I cannot lengthen this time or shut off the sleep function altogether.  Anyone else have this problem and can recommend a fix?  To get the printer to print or scan, I have to power the printer on and off.  Certainly this is getting old.  Hope I don't have to buy a new printer to fix the problem.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi ELVIS 

Based on the specfic issue described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Respctfully, the reply was of no help or support.  Certinly I've already contacted Cannon technical support before my original post.  Need someone who either has had the problem I've noted and fixed or a technical reply from a Cannon tech rep, not a generalist mentioning obvious stuff.  My opinion of Cannon technical support has been low and is now even lower after a non-response to a very specific problem

Already contacted support?  Respectfully, Canon would not leave you with a printer that has to be power cycled over and over in order for you to print or scan.  What this signifies is a printer that does not have a correct IP address.  This is why it says its not connected everytime you try to use it.  You must have reliable connectivity before you can start making changes to default settings on the device.  Regardless of how you decide to connect the printer (wired or wireless) you need to properly configure it so you can connect to it reliably.

Start here

I would suggest reserving an IP for the printer by it's MAC address on your router.  This way, no matter when or how often you use the printer, you will always know its IP address. Once you have reliable connectivity, you can focus on changing when the device sleeps, etc., if supported.  You can't blame the manufacturer if you won't take the steps to set the device up properly, and then complain when it doesn't work.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements