cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't print wifi with MX882 on my Apple personal hotspot. Want to print from my Macbook.

Micannon
Apprentice

Want to print from my Macbook or iphone. The wifi I use is a personal hotspot from my iphone. I enter the password on the printer but it fails and says to check settings wifi trying to connect.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Micannon,

Please make sure that the password is being entered correctly in on your PIXMA MX882.  The password is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, your PIXMA MX882 will not connect to your wireless network.  Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX882.

2.  Use the up or down button to select Yes for Wireless LAN activate and press <OK>.

3.  Select Easy setup and press <OK>.

4.  Select your access point name and press <OK>.

5.  Enter your wireless password and press <OK>.  There are three character sets available, upper case alphabet, lower case alphabet and numbers/symbols.  Each time you press the center FUNCTION button, an on-screen keyboard is switched among them.  Select a character on the on-screen keyboard using the arrow keys and press OK to enter it. Repeat until all characters are entered. Once complete, press the left FUNCTION button.

6.  Press <OK> on the confirmation screen. The PIXMA MX882 will search for the access point.

7.  When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements