cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect iPhone EOS Remote to 6D wireless but can connect iPad to 6D network

mscohen
Contributor

I have an iPhone and an iPad. Both are using iOS 6.1.2 (most current version). When I set up a wireless network with the 6D, I am able to connect my iPad to that network and use EOS Remote. But I am unable to connect my iPhone to the 6D's wireless network. It shows up in the iPhone's Wi-Fi list of networks to choose from, but, when I select it, it gives the error message: Unable to join the network "network name". I am not trying to connect them both to the network at the same time. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?  Thanks...

12 REPLIES 12

Mykolas
Authority

Hi mscohen,

I am glad you posted about this.  What probably happened was during your attempt to connect using the easy setup, a new network key was generated.  All you should need to do is go into the WiFi settings on your iPhone and tell the iPhone to forget the network settings for the EOS 6D network.  You can then choose to connect to the EOS 6D network using the new key.

A good way to keep from running into this in the future is to work with two different setups on the EOS 6D.  Save both setups separately and use one setup for the iPad and another for the iPhone.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike,

That solved my problem.  I was having trouble connectin since upgrading iPhone5 and iPad4 to iOS 6.1.2.  Generated new codes for both settings in the camera and hit "forget network" and re-connected from each device.  All working again.

Jim

Would you please give "step-by-step" instruction on creating the 2nd set please. It's very confusing, I have tried and get 1 set to work but then when I tried to make the second set for iphone, it over-ride the 1st set...

Did you ever get a response?! I've emailed tech support.. Waiting on an answer

I figured it out!!!!! How to get EOS remote to work with your iphone AND ipad - not at the same time  just being able to alternate between the 2 devices.

I am running on IOS7 on an iPhone 5 and and iPad 3.

To get the app working on both your iphone and your ipad, you need to create 2 wifi settings 1) for your iphone 2) for your ipad

To create wifi settings on your 6D:

Menu > Wifi Function > Connect to Smart phone > CHOOSE SET and go to "unspecified" which will create new settings.. and repeat the same settings you did for your iphone but this time for your ipad, you will get a different password.

So then, when you are in your setting screen [Q] and go to wifi function > connect to smart phone >  choose set - hit set and there will be 2 different options so pick your ipad or iphone and hit connect!! 

To disconnect from one another you go to your setting screen [Q] and go to wifi function > Exit wireless lan function - OK

The easy work is on your phone/ipad, all  you have to do is go to the wifi settings and find your camera and enter the key that the 6D provided.

It's taken lots of hours of research to finally have this resolved, I hope this helps people as there hasnt been any clear instructions online that I have seen.

I had the same problems, and arrived at the same conclusions, but not until I had completely screwed up the naming in the camera...how do I reset the names of things in the camera. I just need to start all over again..I tried e total reset camera to default settings things, but that didn't t do the trick.

Me zig,

I think the only way is to use rap the rename feature to change the names of the ones you have, no way to delete one. At least that I've found.
Jim

How do I get to those settings? I've tried pushing vRious buttons with no results.

Aaah, not intuitive and I don't have my camera. Will have to refresh my memory later.

Jim
Announcements