cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect Pixma TS9120 to google WiFi network

philbidro
Apprentice
I recently moved and set up google nest WiFi mesh network and it works great but my Canon Pixma TS9120 won’t connect. It recognizes the network but when i try to connect it either doesn’t ask for a password and doesn’t connect or it says there are two networks same name and then asks for MAC address. Please help.
4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is an issue with the wireless broadcast.  Google Mesh uses "SMART Connect" a single SSID name for all of its broadcasts.  Your printer is only capable of connecting to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  

I personally recommend against using this feature, as its not as "SMART" as router manufacturers say, and your devices don't always connect to the broadcast that is offering the best bandwidth, range or performance. 

See my previous post which provides more details:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/MX920-won-t-connect-to-wifi-is-5g-is-enabled-...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi philbidro.

The TS9120 does support 5 GHz wifi.  It does experience problems with mesh networks, as the individual node to which it connects is treated as its "router," rather than a central router or the mesh network as a whole. 

This may be circumvented in most instances through a direct Ethernet connection to the central router, or by ensuring the MAC address of the node to which the printer is connecting matches to that of the node to which the computer is connecting.  Refer to the mesh network's documentation and support for help finding the MAC address for the specific node.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Trying this with my Google Nest mesh WiFi system. The MAC address associated with the router closest to the printer is not listed as an option. Any suggestions?

The main router is too far away to connect via Ethernet

pmorrsn
Apprentice
Solved it from reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/GoogleWiFi/comments/hyte4z/cannonepson_printers_not_supported_by_google/

Google mesh wifi.. On Google home find and turn off wp3. Then connect. It worked on mg5720.. Then turn wp3 back on if you want the security
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements