cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect MBPro Catalina 10.15.3 to Canon MX870

pmultani
Apprentice

Hello,

I am having no success getting my MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.3 to see my Canon MX870. They are both on the same wireless network, but no luck. I've turned the printer off/on, rejoined network, and same on the computer side, but no recognition when I try to add a Printer/Scanner.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Pratik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi pmultani.

The MX870 is only supported on Mac OS up to 10.11.  Canon does not have drivers available for this model on newer versions of Mac OS.

I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.  If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi pmultani.

The MX870 is only supported on Mac OS up to 10.11.  Canon does not have drivers available for this model on newer versions of Mac OS.

I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.  If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Announcements