09-03-2019 06:05 PM - edited 09-03-2019 06:10 PM
I cannot install the MX410 MP driver via wireless. Laptop will not detect the printer even in manual with a USB cable.
09-06-2019 01:11 PM
First, please connect your PIXMA MX410 to your wireless network:
1. Turn your PIXMA MX410 on.
2. Press the MENU button repeatedly until Device Settings appears.
3. Press OK
4. Use the right arrow to select LAN settings and press OK.
5. Press OK on the WLAN active/inactive screen.
6. Select Wireless LAN active and press OK.
7. Press OK on the Wireless LAN setup screen.
8. Select Easy setup and press OK.
9. Select your wireless network's name and press OK.
10. If your access point has a passphrase (Wi-Fi password), a prompt will appear to enter in the passphrase. To enter in the passphrase, use the numeric keypad to the right of the display. If entering in a letter, press a number on the keypad a number of times to enter in a specific letter. For example, to enter the letter c you must press the number 2 on the keypad three times. Also, to enter symbols, press the Symbols (#) key until the desired symbol is displayed.
At first, your PIXMA MX410 will assume that you are entering in lower case letters. To toggle between lower case letters, upper case letters and numbers, press the Tone (*) key. Each time the key is pressed, the printer will display a different character in the upper right corner of the LCD screen.
If a mistake has been made, press the Left arrow to move the cursor underneath the character to be deleted. Then, press the Back button to delete the character. Enter in the correct character as needed. Press the Right arrow to move the cursor to the end of the passphrase. Continue entering in the passphrase.
11. Once the password has been entered, press OK.
12. Your PIXMA MX410 will attempt to connect. Press OK on the Connected screen.
Your PIXMA MX410 is now connected to your wireless network.
Please make sure that your computer is connected to the same network as the one that you selected in step 9 above.
Once connected, please install the driver on your computer.
09-06-2019 01:36 PM
Thank you for the reply. I see that I did not properly quantify the issue.
The PXMA410 is connected to my WiFi. I havea work laptop (Dell Lattitude E7440) connected to the MX410 via wireless, and my personal laptop (lenovo Ieapad-320) connected wirelessy as well.
When I tried to connect another Lenovo Ideapad-320 and aToshiba Sattelite, neither would detect the printer via wireless, and neither would detect the MX410 network information when connect via USB cable. In both cases, the installation was incomplete.