cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my Pixma scan to multiple devices?

swami7774
Contributor

I've got an MG7520 that is currently tied (wirelessly) to an old Windows PC. I'd like to be able to scan to other devices(Macs). Is that doable? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings,

Only one scan to destination is supported for each operation.  

Example:

If you have 5 computers, you would need to perform 5 scan operations for each to receive the the output.

Scan to:

PC1

then

PC2

then

PC3...

This should help:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG7500%20series/EN/UG/ug_scanning0600.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, swami7774!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I hope this site is of more help than contacting Canon directly. 

I have a Pixma 7520. Can I configure it to scan to multiple devices or must it be tied to one  computer at a time?

TIA. 

Greetings,

Only one scan to destination is supported for each operation.  

Example:

If you have 5 computers, you would need to perform 5 scan operations for each to receive the the output.

Scan to:

PC1

then

PC2

then

PC3...

This should help:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG7500%20series/EN/UG/ug_scanning0600.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. That gets me partially there.  I may not have been clear enough; I'm not looking to scan to multiple devices simultaneously. I'm looking to configure the Pixma to have a choice  of scanning destinations: PC, MacBook, iPad ,etc  I think from quickly reading the link you sent, that I can do that.  Am I correct? 

Greetings,

You are correct.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements