cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding PIXMA M700 to a hard-wired LAN? MacBook Pro OSX 10.9

Arby0617
Apprentice

My husband successfully added our PIXMA MX700 to our LAN network on his PC, and now I'm trying to set up the printer to operate wirelessly on my MacBook Pro. It will scan wirelessly from the printer preferences utilities, but it can't detect the printer when I try to print. The connection status will say "in use" with a yellow light, but then it will change to "offline" with a red light.

3 REPLIES 3

Arby0617
Apprentice

I also need to know if the password you set when adding the printer to a network is supposed to let the printer connect to the network, or is it soemthing a user has to type in before they can print to the network?

Crista
Whiz

Hi Arby0617!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating systems (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks, Christa.

My computer and operating system are a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.9. I was able to get the printer and scanner working on the network, but as I was using the scanner it suddenly stopped working because the printer status was "in use".

After a while I figured out that the power cord was loose but by then I'd removed the printers and scanners because there were multiple versions.

Since then, I've been able to add the printer again but even though I added the scanner during the setup it doesn't show up under devices for my computer so I can't use it at all.

Roberta

Announcements