cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speedlite 320ex

RGM
Apprentice

Is a cold shoe included with a speedlite 320 for using as a slave on a treipod?

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Yes.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply on the speedlite cold shoe. Is the mini stand threaded so I can mount it on a tripod rather than just have it sitting somewhere?

Ron

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Not sure about that.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, there's a 1/4" bolt hole on the bottom.

They work in a pinch, or if you don't do much lighting work.  Or maybe you're just not as lazy as me and you take them off after every shoot.  Mine eventually broke so I bought some actual cold shoes. 

Thanks for the help. I'm going to order a 2-pack of actual cold shoes when I order the flash.

Ron

@Skirball wrote:

They work in a pinch, or if you don't do much lighting work.  Or maybe you're just not as lazy as me and you take them off after every shoot.  Mine eventually broke so I bought some actual cold shoes. 

Am I correct in inferring that an "actual cold shoe" is a piece of metal whose top is a cold shoe and whose bottom is a threaded hole for a tripod?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Skirball wrote:

Am I correct in inferring that an "actual cold shoe" is a piece of metal whose top is a cold shoe and whose bottom is a threaded hole for a tripod?

Yes, exactly:

http://www.amazon.com/SmallRig-Smallrig-Cold-Shoe/dp/B00HJFBUCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417808151&sr...

I had a 320ex and I gave it to my cousin. It won't do manual flash off camera, and that little video light is harsh and looks bad. I think I'd pay the very few extra bucks and get a better flash.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements