cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon eos1300d and canon speedlite430ex11

larryk13
Apprentice

Hi Just iused my canon eos 1300d and flash430ex11. When i took shots in automatic mode in darken area and after firing off some shotsi  just was holding camera and flash would be firing a few flashes by itself. Dont know if this is normal or not. 

8 REPLIES 8

CaliforniaDream
Enthusiast

Where you "half pushing" the sutter button?

no just  holding camera

If it was mounted on the camera I would verify that it was tight.  Also you might want to clean the contacts on both with a small amount of denatured alcohol on a soft cloth or a Q-tip. Take care not to get it on the camera. Do not use anything abrasive on the contacts. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps you accidently pressed the depth of field preview button on the camera. This will fire the flash rapidly to use as a modeling light.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon DSLRs have a feature where a strobe unit can be used to create a “focus assist” beam when focusing in very low light conditions.  It does not matter if you are using an external strobe or not.  If the feature is enabled, it can fire the built-in strobe or an external one.  

If you feel that you were not pressing any buttons, then what made it stop?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

But it should use the IR focus assist on the 430EXII fir focus assist in that case, not the main flash.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

As California Dream suggested, make sure it is properly mounted in the hot shoe.  Loosen the lock and make sure that it slid all the way forward to engage in place and then re-lock it.  If not inserted all the way forward into the hot shoe, you will get this behavior as a friend found out with his 580EX.

When it is properly in place, there should be almost zero play at the hot shoe connection point.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thankyou very much

Announcements