cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlite 199a

Oltimer70
Apprentice

New here.  JUst bought a rebel T6.  I have a old A-1 (40+ years old) that still works.  I have a Speedlite 199A that I used with the A-1.  Will it work on the T6?  I am reluctant to use it without asking.

3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

@Oltimer70 wrote:

New here.  JUst bought a rebel T6.  I have a old A-1 (40+ years old) that still works.  I have a Speedlite 199A that I used with the A-1.  Will it work on the T6?  I am reluctant to use it without asking.

I suspect that it will work, even though with manual flash mode only.  Having said that I didn't dare try it with my cameras with my old flashes so I can't really answer your question :).

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

The 199A has “Auto Thyristor" mode and can function very well in Auto mode. Just match the aperture and ISO to your camera settings. (I would use manual mode on the camera)

There are 3 Aperture value choices (red, green, yellow) which will vary depending on the ISO you use.

These old "Canon Dedicated" flashes not only can do Auto, they also will limit the shutter speed to the camera's max sync speed and show a lightning bolt icon in the viewfinder when the flash is ready to fire.

You can download the 199A Manual at this link: 199A manual

6C8606BA-8514-4F12-B0F5-521AA09BC3B0.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Thank you for the info. I will download the manual and give it a try.

Announcements