Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Recommend speed light for Canon 5Ds.

Experts,

I have not used a flashlight before, however, with winter coming fast, I thought I would give a flashlight a try.

Any recommendations on which model is best suited for a 5Ds? Is there such a thing as recommended/best suited for a 5Ds?

Thank you,

LV

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommend speed light for Canon 5Ds.

Probably either the top-of-the-line 600EX II or the middle of the road 470EX-AI.

It really depends on the features you need. Do you want wireless flash? Optical or radio?

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Recommend speed light for Canon 5Ds.

@limvo05 wrote:

Experts,

I have not used a flashlight before, however, with winter coming fast, I thought I would give a flashlight a try.

Any recommendations on which model is best suited for a 5Ds? Is there such a thing as recommended/best suited for a 5Ds?

Thank you,

LV

Before you invest too heavily, I recommend that you first figure out if you want on-camera or off-camera lighting.  Then you need to figure out how many lights do you need now, and might want in the future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."