cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact Battery Pack CP-E4 to Speedlite 600EX-RT will not power on.

Tazdog
Apprentice

I attached the Compact Battery Pack CP-E4 to my Speedlite 600EX-RT and it will not power on. The battries are fully charged. The flash works with the battries installed in the flash unit. Is there some thing else that I am suppose to do?

2 REPLIES 2

WahoGT
Enthusiast
Did you keep the batteries in the flash itself? I think you have to have batteries in both locations, as it won't run off of just the external pack alone.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Tazdog!

Thank you for posting about this.

When using the CP-E4 with the Speedlite 600EX-RT, it is still necessary to have batteries inside the battery compartment of the flash.  The flash needs internal power to function and allow you to control the flash.  With the CP-E4 connected, it will draw power from it and the internal batteries to recycle the flash.

Even though internal power is necessary, you can still set the flash to draw the recycling power from the CP-E4 only by changing Custom Function 12 to [1:External power only].

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements