Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT and Yongnuo YN-E3-RT Transmitter

Glad I've found this topic, I have a yn-e3-rt unit that worked flawlessly with both my canon and yongnuo 600ex-rt units. Today I got a new 430ex III RT to use as second background lighting and was only able to use the whole set turning them on in a very specific order: first the canon 600 as master of the 430, THEN the yong 600 as second slave and FINALLY the yong transmitter, wich turned green as soon as I change the canon 600 to slave. Any other combination resulted in one or two units failing to connect, and turning one of them off would bring me back to ground zero. Checked and double checked ID and channel many times. Then I found this topic and rushed to update the transmitter to the current 1.26 firmware and BOOM!!!! everything is fine. God bless the chinese dudes that came up with the idea of turning their gear "future proof". I wonder if Canon's st-e3-rt would work with my set since it doesn't allow updates. Thanks, I hope my poor english is understandable.
New Contributor

Another thing, I still cannot pair the yong 600rt to use on camera as master of the canon 430, even after updating it's firmware, but both canon 430 and 600 will work fine as masters of the yong. Yong 600 is bounded to be a slave forever...
Occasional Contributor

Hello Toonda.

I'm glad my posting was able to assist, sorry I don't have any further answers for your Yongnuo 600 issue.

Shane

New Contributor

Thanks shane, it won't be much of an issue for me to have it working as slave-only, since I rarely use any of my flashes on camera anyway Smiley Happy

Is just wouldn't advise buying yong 600 and canon 430 together, they won't cooperate

in fact I wouldn't advise buying the yongnuo at all, mine is only six months old and already looks worse than my 16yo 550ex 😅
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Toonda.

I don't have any Yongnuo flashes only Canon, the Yongnuo Transmitter was so much cheaper than the Canon that I took a chance, it has worked out well. 

New Contributor

yes, the YN-E3-RT was a blessing in my life... Very reliable, and the infrared beam makes it even better than the original canon transmitter for ~1/4 of the money. The complaint was about the yn600exrt, which is very fragile. It's definitely not made to last, at least in my hands (I do a lot of outdoor shootings in harsh conditions). I tend to use it only as second backlight in manual mode since it's TTL is not even closely as precise as canon's...