cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80d Off Camera rear curtain

jaym
Apprentice

Hi Guys,

Have googled this and ended up confusing myself!

Im in need of an off camera flash that i can use rear curtain sync with. Currently have a Yongnuo YN460 and rf603's that do the job but i need 2nd curtain sync capabilities.

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2

Karl090
Apprentice

I pressed the menu button, nothing would appear no matter what I tried. Finally, after several minutes of experimenting, I was able to restore function by taking the flash off and removing and replacing the camera battery. But as soon as I replaced the flash and took another photo, the screen went dark again.

inkista
Contributor

@jaym wrote:

Hi Guys,

Have googled this and ended up confusing myself!

Im in need of an off camera flash that i can use rear curtain sync with. Currently have a Yongnuo YN460 and rf603's that do the job but i need 2nd curtain sync capabilities.

Any help?

Canon's optical wireless system cannot communicate 2nd curtain. Non-TTL triggering systems (like the YN-460 and RF-603s) cannot communicate 2nd curtain. The Canon RT system also initially did not do 2nd curtain; you can only get 2nd curtain over radio if you use the ST-E3-RT Ver. 2 with an RT speedlight. 

If you use Yongnuo's 622 triggering system (e.g., 622C on the foot of an e-TTL capable flash, and an YN-622C-TX), or, say, Godox's radio systems, you can have off-camera 2nd curtain syncing. 

I would recommend getting a Godox TT685-C ($110) and a Flashpoing R2 Pro II or Godox XPro-C transmitter ($70) to gain 2nd curtain radio triggering, along with TTL locking (i.e., the ability to lock in a TTL-set power level in M mode). The TT685-C has a built-in radio transceiver, like a Canon RT speedlight, so it won't need a receiver unit on its foot.

Announcements