cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Adjust Speedlite 600EX-RT from Canon 5D Mark IV

drnshaw
Contributor

I can adjust all of the settings on the 600EX-RT from my 70D but not from my 5D Mark IV; says it isn't compatible.  I've spent the better part of an hour searching online to verify that (I'm guessing that the 600EX II RT does but not my model).  I'm ok with just setting the controls on the flash myself but would like to know.

In advance - thanks!

Nick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello drnshaw, 

The EOS 5D Mark IV should be able to make adjustments to the Speedlite 600EX RT.  Are you able to enter into the external Speedlite control portion of the menu?  Is the Speedlite connected to the hot shoe and powered on at the time you're attempting to make the adjustments? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello drnshaw, 

The EOS 5D Mark IV should be able to make adjustments to the Speedlite 600EX RT.  Are you able to enter into the external Speedlite control portion of the menu?  Is the Speedlite connected to the hot shoe and powered on at the time you're attempting to make the adjustments? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

drnshaw
Contributor
You're right. Yesterday it wouldn't but today it did. I'm guessing I wasn't fully seated in the hot shoe. Thank you!
Announcements