Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Can I control flash power on a 600EX-RT while off camera?. Not compensation, but power?

Thanks for trying it on your equipment. I love the flash system. I'm a portrait photographer and its great. Just found a need it cant help me with. When I put Pocket wizzards on the flash and cameras, I can manually adjust it. So I'll buy a couple of cheap triggers and accomplish what I need. 

Thanks Again

JIMMY

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can I control flash power on a 600EX-RT while off camera?. Not compensation, but power?

@JimmyMc wrote:

Thanks for trying it on your equipment. I love the flash system. I'm a portrait photographer and its great. Just found a need it cant help me with. When I put Pocket wizzards on the flash and cameras, I can manually adjust it. So I'll buy a couple of cheap triggers and accomplish what I need. 

Thanks Again

JIMMY

That's a weird workaround to have to use, since its purpose is to prevent the unit's presumably well intentioned functionality from interfering with a decision that a user should plausibly be able to make. One would certainly hope that the next version of the 600EX would incorporate an option to allow it. Are you listening, Canon?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Occasional Contributor

If they allowed you to change the flash , it would likely cause you grief when you tried to change things on the camera . The flash would have to change the camera settings which might be beyond their current technology . I’m sure they know about this . Does not benefit them to advertise it though .
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JimmyMc wrote:

I shoot real estate and I trgger my camera from an ipad using a camranger. I hand hold the 600 light and have the ST-E3-RT on the camera. I cant find a way to raise and lower the power without going behind the camera? Audacity Find My iPhone Origin Manualy controling the speedlight power can only be done from the camera. 

Any tgoughts?

JIMMY

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.