cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I control flash power on a 600EX-RT while off camera?. Not compensation, but power?

JimmyMc
Contributor

I shoot real estate and I trgger my camera from an ipad using a camranger. I hand hold the 600 light and have the ST-E3-RT on the camera. I cant find a way to raise and lower the power without going behind the camera? Manualy controling the speedlight power can only be done from the camera. 

Any tgoughts?

JIMMY

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for trying it on your equipment. I love the flash system. I'm a portrait photographer and its great. Just found a need it cant help me with. When I put Pocket wizzards on the flash and cameras, I can manually adjust it. So I'll buy a couple of cheap triggers and accomplish what I need. 

Thanks Again

JIMMY

@JimmyMc wrote:

Thanks for trying it on your equipment. I love the flash system. I'm a portrait photographer and its great. Just found a need it cant help me with. When I put Pocket wizzards on the flash and cameras, I can manually adjust it. So I'll buy a couple of cheap triggers and accomplish what I need. 

Thanks Again

JIMMY

That's a weird workaround to have to use, since its purpose is to prevent the unit's presumably well intentioned functionality from interfering with a decision that a user should plausibly be able to make. One would certainly hope that the next version of the 600EX would incorporate an option to allow it. Are you listening, Canon?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

JimmyMc
Contributor
If they allowed you to change the flash , it would likely cause you grief when you tried to change things on the camera . The flash would have to change the camera settings which might be beyond their current technology . I’m sure they know about this . Does not benefit them to advertise it though .
Announcements