cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600EX-RT Problem

light_is_magic
Contributor

Hi all,

I have a problem with one of my 600EX-RT flashes. In ETTL mode the pictures are almost black (despite the flash is firing) in Manual it seems that even set to 1/128 the flash is using full power. I already tried to clean all the contacts, still the same behaviour.

Any ideas?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

no, my other flashes work as expected. I talked today with my Canon Pro Dealer, and concluded to send the flsh to the Canon service center. The flash is still in warranty time, so let them check this out.

Just some more information: cameras were 2 5D3, the lenses I tried a 70-200 2.8 II and a 50mm 1.4. The flash shows the same behaviour triggered over radio.

regards

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Glad you are getting it looked at.

Jason

Ju1ius
Contributor
Sorry for warming this old thread up, but could anyone resolve this problem? (Encounter it myself with a 5DmkIV and a brand new SL600ex II rt)

@Ju1ius wrote:
Sorry for warming this old thread up, but could anyone resolve this problem? (Encounter it myself with a 5DmkIV and a brand new SL600ex II rt)

Can you give us some more details of what you've tried and the results you've gotten? The OP's problem was never easy to follow and seemed inconsistent. (For example, what made him think the flash was firing at full power, given that the pictures were coming out black?)

Also, is this your first experience with ETTL flash, and have you read some of the other recent threads in the "Speedlites" subject area?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

to quote the OP, in what i think was quite consistend in regards to the circumstances:

When set to ETTL the images are without flash impact (the flash goes off BEFORE the exposure is starting) - despite there is flash triggered.

In all other modes - Manual, EXT-A, EXT-M - the images are totally overexposed, white-out.

The 600ex-II-rt is out of the box new, factory settings! Tried it on a 5DmkIV, 5DmkII and M5.

Ju1ius
Contributor
Wrong topic for this thread

Ju1ius
Contributor
Since it is entirely different topic I would suggest you open a new thread About your problem and by the way I have no answer to that

7ossam
Apprentice
What happened after you send your flash to canon service center???i have the same problem and i don't know what shall i do?
Announcements