cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600 rt flash question!!

johnnyfinley
Contributor

Friends:
Can anyone help me figure something out with my Canon 600rt flash? With one 600rt on the camera, while I am walking around with another 600rt flash in a room, I want to control the output of the flash I am carrying, but cannot find a way to do it other than going back to the Master flash on the camera to change the output. No way to control a remote flash output from itself? Thanks! Johnny

15 REPLIES 15

Uuugh - So with on 600 on the camera and one 600 in my had both on OPTICAL - sitll no ability to control the SLAVE from the SLAVE unit...

Using a 600ex-RT in optical almost seems like sacrilege.

Another option would be to get a set of Yongnuo RF-602 triggers (about $20 for a set), and use those to trigger your 600ex-RT.  You could then control power of your 600-ex-RT in hand, but it'd be manual only. 

Yeah - bummer. I do like the ETTL function for so many other styles of shooting.....

You could also use the Yongnuo RF-622, which would allow eTTL shooting.  It also has a (eTTL capable) pass through so you could put another 600ex-RT, or your ST3, on the on-camera trigger to do it's own thing.  Though at that point you might as well just get another 622 for your other flash.  But putting Yongnuo triggers on a 600ex-RT also seems like sacrilege.

If it's just an occasional thing, then work with what you have.  But if it's something you're doing routinely, I'd recommend not using workarounds.

I'm sorry for responding to such an old post. Did you find optical the only solution? I've got the same issue. $2000 worth of canon flashes and I cant do this?

JIMMY

Sorry, read this page after. What did you finnally do? 

Announcements