cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600 EX flash not firing at correct time

Rwak05
Contributor

Hello!

I've had two 600 ex flashes that I've had for about 1 1/2 years.  WIth one of them, I've had no problems.  With the second one, I have problems with.  It fires, but doesn't sync up with the shutter speed.  Almost like it's firing just before the image is captures.  When I test it out, the flash fires and then directly after I hear the shutter open and close. With my working flash, this isn't happening so I don't think it's a camera setting.  I've reset the flash back to factory settings to make sure I didn't inadvernently change a custom function setting, etc.  Does anyone have idea if I might be overlooking something or what I might do to remedy this?  Thought I would start here before sending it in for repair.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

Rwak05
Contributor
I've come to realize that this happens only when using ETTL wirelessly and occasionally on camera. Manual works every time. I've re-read the manual, checked lots of settings, reset settings on flash and camera and still can't figure this out. I would think that it possibly could be a flash unit problem, but it happens wirelessly with either flash. I've got to be missing something but for the life of me I can't figure out what it could be.
Announcements