cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speedlite and flex tt5 pocket wizard

littleny
Apprentice

Im sure this has been covered here before but im looking for very basic instructions for a real non techie girl.

i try to shoot with natural light or simple studio light setup. however today I'm playing around with my flash, studio strobe and pocket wizard and am getting totally frustrated.

I have a flex tt5 pocket wizard attached to my studio strobe with a cable
I have the other flex tt5 mounted on my canon 6D..
click- triggers - no problem - yay
now I want to add my canon 430ex speedlite into the mix. so i mount it directly on top of the shoe on the flex tt5 on top of my camera.
click - only the studio strobe fires. hmmm?
ok so now i turn my speedilte into a slave. set all the channels the same. still no flash.
so frustrating. am i doing something my equipment is not capable of doing?
thx

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not at all sure I understand what you're up to here, but I'm wondering whether you're short one Pocket Wizard in this mix. If you're using one of them as the receiver on on a remotely positioned 430EX, who's acting as the master? But if all you did was reset the 430EX to be a slave, leaving it on the camera above the Pocket Wizard, are you expecting that Pocket Wizard to serve as both a transmitter and a receiver? It wouldn't surprise me if that wouldn't work.

I'm assuming you have the original 430EX, not the new RT version.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

I'm not at all sure I understand what you're up to here, but I'm wondering whether you're short one Pocket Wizard in this mix. If you're using one of them as the receiver on on a remotely positioned 430EX, who's acting as the master? But if all you did was reset the 430EX to be a slave, leaving it on the camera above the Pocket Wizard, are you expecting that Pocket Wizard to serve as both a transmitter and a receiver? It wouldn't surprise me if that wouldn't work.

I'm assuming you have the original 430EX, not the new RT version.

Hi Bob.  welll..my speedlite says 430EXII.  I've had it a couple of years.

Maybe I am short a pocket wizard.  Im trying to fire both my studio strobe and my flash.  I have 2 Flex TT5's.  One on the studio strobe.  One on the camera.  Question is using my existing equipment, is there a way to add the speedlite into the mix either off camera or on.  Sorry to be a stooge.  Im really not checked out this stuff.  Thanks for replying

Announcements