cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlite Recommendation for EOS R6 Mark ii

JeroneKingsby
Enthusiast

Please reccomend a Speed-light  for my R6 mark ii, that will be Easy to install and Use, Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

My vote is the Canon EL-5.  Perfect match for any camera with a multi-purpose hot shoe.

Speedlite EL-5 (canon.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Agree with Ricky.  Stick with Canon.  The EL-5 will be worth the wait.  If you want something now, anything 430 EX III - RT (2008 or later) and above will work.  

This may also help.

Multi-Function Shoe Adapter AD-E1 (canon.com)

3rd party gear may not work, even if adapted with the above.  

The 430 EX III - RT can be had refurbished directly from Canon. This can get you over the hump and is slightly less expensive than the Godox.  Except for batteries, I don't use 3rd party gear any longer either.  Its not an issue  with older gear (DSLR's) but with newer MILC body's, 3rd party gear can often lead to compatibility challenges, compromise or grief.

Shop Canon Refurbished Speedlite 430EX III-RT | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

For my EOS R6 mkII I have the Speedlite 430 EX III RT which works very well. I also have the ST-E10 transmitter which works well with the Speedlite in RF radio mode. I also have on order the EL-5, hoping it will arrive any day now. The EL-5 and ST-E10 each utilise the new multi-function shoe on the camera.

Agreeing with previous comments in this thread, I wouldn't recommend third party flash for the R6 mk II, Canon flashes are well built, fully compatible, and not over-priced (unless you include the diamond-encrusted EL-1). I would go for the EL-5 unless the budget won't stretch to it, in which case the 430 EXIII RT is a great-value alternative.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.

PeterSarmiento
Apprentice

I'm loving the EL5 on the R6ii. Even got the ST-E10 for off camera lighting.

The 1/1024 power output gives a nice touch of light to completiment ambient.

Which Softbox, if any, and S Bracket are you using for your EL-5?

I'm using the Godox S2 bracket,,  not sure if the EL5 would fit the S1 bracket.

Bowens mount beauty dish,,

Although I'm wishing I picked up an Archer Speedbox.

Let me know if anyone has tried the Archer Speedbox.

Sorry I meant Angler Fastbox, not Archer Speedbox.

Announcements