cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 and speedlite 430 EXii and want to use them wirelessly

bentleyb
Contributor

I have R6 and two speedlites 430 EXii and want to use them wirelessly what is the best way to do this so I can adjust output of each from the camera or the sending unit on the hot shoe? Would the speedlite 600EX II do the trick, I know it would be optically only? Is there radio transmitters and receivers that will work on the R6 that will give the ability to adjust from Camera or the sending unit? I have Yongnuo radio units but it works only in manual so to adjust I have to go to the flashes to adjust making it awkward.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Buy the Godox transmitter for your camera hot shoe, and buy the Godox receivers for the flash, problem solved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite

The 430 EX II units would only support optical (line-of-sight).  Radio control is available in series III of that flash (as well as 600 EX original and series II, and some newer flashes such as the EL-5 and EL-1).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Yes, I know it would be optically only but will the 600EX II on R6 run the 430 EXII optically and be able to adjust the 430 EXII output via the 600EX II controls? Better yet will this setup allow full ETTL also? This would work on my 40D's but will this be an issue with my R6's? Could a firmware fix allow the 600EX II on the R6 hot shoe to control 430 EXII fully in manual or ETTL? I just don't want to through away good enough flashes to spend another $1000 plus.

Ah, apologies.  I had only focused on the "Is there radio transmitters and receivers" part of the original post, so was thinking you needed a radio solution.

Others here will probably have similar equipment and thus hopefully will have an answer for you.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Optical transmission allows E-TTL & Manual Flash depending on the off camera speedlites. Rear curtain sync is not supported in optical transmission.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Buy the Godox transmitter for your camera hot shoe, and buy the Godox receivers for the flash, problem solved.

Thanks. I have gone this route a few weeks ago and it works great. I use my existing Yongnuo radio transmitters for wirelessly trigger the camera and the Godox's handle the flashes.

Announcements