cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webcam utility leaving shadows on motion object

mebanna
Apprentice

I have two Canon DSLR, 1300D and 6D Mark II, both of them work well with Canon Webcam Utility. Meanwhile, both of them have the same problem:

- When they work as a usb webcam of a notebook with OBS, the video looks not fully continuously, leaving shadows, feels a bit unconfortable.

- When they work as independent DLSR, the video looks smooth, motion blur, no problem at all.

Is there anyway to solve the problem?

Best regard.

Here is the sample video

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

The EOS Webcam Utility is only supported in the United States with the models that are listed at canon.us/livestream

If you're outside of the USA and/or using a camera that's not listed, our team won't be able to help.

Yeah, EOS 6D mark II is on the list.

Watched your video.  Not sure what you are referring to?  I didn't note any shadows.  I believe I saw some motion blur likely because your hand was too close to the lens and/or due to poor lighting, but didn't see any shadows.  ??

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements