cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to use Digital Professional Photo 4

wardb1
Apprentice

Version 4.7.20.0 Purchased 2014-2017 No upgrades yet

Im using a software ArtRage 6 to create my own art work. When I was saving my art work I was able to save it to Digital Professional Photo 4, so that when I went to print on my Canon Pixma Pro-100 the file was there to do so. I haven't used my printer or software for sometime. My printer does not recginize my files from Digital Professional Photo, so I'm not able to print I went to Canons web site, but was unable to download a update to the software Digital Photo Professional 4. The web site wanted me to use a dropdown menu- Consumer and Home office which would have taken me to Product/Cameras. No such luck on Consumer and Home office

Please advize 

William Logan

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What camera model?

DPP 4 (Digital Photo Professional) is currently v4.12.60 (as of today) I believe.

It can read any Canon proprietary RAW file formats and .JPG's. Not sure about ArtRage...  probably only .JPG.  What file format are you working with?

Files editied in ArtRage do not get "saved' to DPP.  DPP is a software application, not a storage resource. 

You need a serial number to download DPP (You normally use the one on your camera).  This is assuming you live in the US.

Happy to help more if you tell us more about your environment, etc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I got a DPP serial number when I downloaded the newer version of Digital Photo Professional 4. I thought you had to have a camera to do this, but apparently Digital Photo Professional 4 recognized I had a Canon Printer so it provided me with the DPP. that worked out for me.
Its best to export my file from ArtRage 6 as either PNG or PSD file so that I can edit it when the file is transferred to my Canon Large format Printer.

Hi,

I don't have a camera, I create digital artwork via ArtRage 6 App.  Canon provided me download of DPP when I first purchased PRO-100 as a bridge between ArtRage and Printer.  After recent update of MAC OS to Catalina, I have not been able to successfully export my art file and have DPP see it. I have saved the files as PNG, PSD and JPEG but DPP does not recognize the new ones. old files created under previous OS and previous ArtRage 5 App are still visable in file location through DPP, but not newly created ones even though they are in the same file location are not visable through DPP. 

The major change to the MAC OS Catalina was an upgrade to 64 bit processing.  Don't know if there is an update for DPP related to 64bit.  Strange that DPP can see my previously created work, but none of the new ones since OS update.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Bill

wardb1
Apprentice

I don't have a camera. I do digital art work and needed to update my Digital Photo Professional 4 because it wasn't working anymore. When I use my artRage software I use to be able to export my paintings over to digital Photo Professional 4 to save it as a file to be printed on my Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printer when I needed to. I figured that my ArtRage 6 software needed an update so I downloaded a new update. When I did my Canon Printer disapeared. So I went online to download a newer version of the Canon Printer. After several tries, I found a version of it and was able to do so. My printer has been updated, and my software as well. I will see if I can export my next drawing from ArtRage 6 to my Canon file. Wish me luck

Bill

Announcements