recording movies with eos remote

macadol
Apprentice

Willbe that possible with the new 70D?

Is that possible now with the 6D?

5 REPLIES 5

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Yes.  Were you interested in using a wired remote or a wireless remote?  Both the wired and wireless remotes for those two cameras are sold separately, and they will work in video mode.  You also have the option of using a system like CamRanger for operating your camera remotely via an iPad.

I use both wired and wireless remote, RC-6 and RS60-E3 but I'm talking about the EOS Remote app.

Of course I know about the CamRanger solution and the iUSBportCamer, formerly CameraMator. But info about all three is far from being clear, allways referring about video control and viewing in one iOS device so fine as you can with an external monitor conected via HDMI.

I see what you mean.  In digging further into the EOS Remote app the amount of information available is abysmal, especially regarding any video capability.

Excuse my poor knowledge of the english language. With abysmal you mean that we can found too much information about

the topic or in other case you mean that we need ti dive looking for the info? Where can I found such valuable information?

I meant that there is practically no information out there on the subject.  It'll take more digging and, it seems, a lot of luck to find worthy information.  I'll keep looking myself because I'm interested in this, and if I find anything decent I'll post it up.

Announcements