cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Runtime Error in Zoombrowser EX

carolbarrington
Apprentice

I am using a current edition of Canon ZoomBrowser EX that was working perfectly until I took out the first CF card and inserted another.  I then got a "Runtime Error" message, which extended to "Memory Card Utility has stopped working."

Message also included "C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\ZoomBrowser EXMCU\MCU.EXE" in case that helps. 

I reinstalled a ZB update, tried again, same results.  Turned off the computer, and tried again some hours later -- same results.

Am using a PC, with Windows 7 64-bit professional.  Card reader is a Lexar Multi-card 24-in-one Reader, high speed USB 2.0.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this and how I can fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks.  I'm currenly away from home with no download disk for ZBX.  Perhaps I can get it online.

Strange:  I tried again several days later, same card, but a little different clicking on the download options.  All worked.  Crazy.

I'll take your suggested steps -- thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First, I would completely uninstall Zoom Browser.  You may need a clean-up utility to do this  Reinstall it and try again.

Try a different port.  You know simple little things to eliminate each component.

Another thing that you might try is a different computer to eliminate your computer as the problem.  And I would try a new memory card as they can become corrupted.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks.  I'm currenly away from home with no download disk for ZBX.  Perhaps I can get it online.

Strange:  I tried again several days later, same card, but a little different clicking on the download options.  All worked.  Crazy.

I'll take your suggested steps -- thanks.

Announcements