Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: problem with DPP after update to MacOS Mojave

Good Morning!!!

I Just tried to do the same and had no problems.

DPP 4.9.20

Mac OS 10.14.1

The first time asked a question about give permissions to DPP in Finder to make changes.

Greetings!

New Contributor

Just joined as I have discovered the SAME issue with my Canon 9000F. Canon tech support told me they are no longer supporting this scanner! Not happy.

However, by doing some serious googling, I have discovered an alternative to buying a new scanner (Canon doesn't even offer a flatbed which does photos, slides and negatives anymore -- something I need)!  While it costs a bit (US$99.95 after you trial it for the "professional" version needed for slides and negatives -- watermark appears on scans), try VUESCAN. You scan via their software, not the Canon driver.  I am now trialling it to see if it does what I need.  Not thrilled with the $100, but the alternative of buying a new scanner when this one works perfectly fine would be that much more.

Honored Contributor

I use Vuescan with a Minolta scanner. Driver ended with XP. Works fine now with W10. Haven't tried it with macOS.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Highlighted
New Contributor

Has anyone tried SilverFast 8.8? This seems to be another 3rd party company that will scan your photos and documents on several different scanners including the 9000F.  Trying their demo now also