cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with DPP after update to MacOS Mojave

Helene
Contributor

I recently updated to MacOS Mojave and encountered a very strange problem in DPP4. I cannot throw images into the trash anymore. I did give the DPP4 application permission to control my computer in the privacy and security settings. I updated DPP to version 4.9.20, but it did not make a difference. All the other features seem to work. Has anybody any idea how to solve this peculiar problem in the software?

23 REPLIES 23

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I do not have that problem with my installation - DPP 4.9 and Mojave.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. It makes the problem even more mysterious 😉 

All the best,

Hélène

Hi Hélène.

Do you have multiple user accounts on your Mac, such that DPP was authorized by the main account but a second user account has different permissions?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

No, I haven't. I have tried uninstalling Canon Utilities and DPP completely and reinstalling it (removing all preference files etc. The universal uninstaller from Canon also does not work with Mojave), but the problem remains. I have no idea what is going on here. I am now thinking of going back to High Sierra. Mojave seems to make my system extremely slow as well.

All the best,

Hélène

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I solved the problem by completely erasing my harddisk and reinstalling all the software. DPP4 now works normally again and I can put images in the trash again. I am not sure though this is a solution I would recommend...

All the best,

Hélène

Hi  Helene,

Reinstalling the system, this is not the solution where I'm looking for. I've the same problem, I cannot deleted images directly from the DPP, nor can I move the files to another map: the system is blinking for a shorttime  and the focus is moving from selected image ito the next image in the main window (or the system shows a Finder window). 

Do you have other suggestions?

Regards,

KoosB

Hi Koos,

I understand that is not the solution you are looking for. It wasn't the solution I was looking for either, but it was the only solution that worked for me. Maybe somebody else has a better solution. 

Regards,

Helene

rkoontz
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  I contacted Canon and reported the problem, but they said no one else has reported this problem.  I also cantacted Apple and they said it wasn't Apple's problem; it was Canon Software.  Please contact Canon and report this problem.  I also discussed it with Apple and they said if I am having this problem, other people are also having this problem-Apple said Canon has to solve it.  Canon said that version 4.9.20.0 is the most recent version.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What happens if you try to delete the file directly from the folder rather than through DPP?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements