Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

noise in photoshop

[ Edited ]

So, all of a sudden I have extra noise in every image in Photoshop (except in RAW).  Even images that did not have noise before.  It only shows up when I view them in Photoshop.  I learned photography in the darkroom.  Settings and everything on the computer and in ps and on my camera are overwhelming. Have I clicked something by accident?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: noise in photoshop

Can you post an example?

I assume these are JPEG's, what camera?

What are the pixel sizes of these images? could you be looking at previews?

New Contributor

Yeah, I can post an example, but not sure it would help because they look fine except when I open them in PS, so I think I'm doing something wrong in PS. And it's images that looked good before, new images, everything.

They are JPEGs, Canon 5D markii

resolution is 300, I had to resize it to be able to upload it here and it looks much bettercan.jpg.  Maybe I did something and all of my files are larger now?

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a Photoshop issue then.

Why don't you try to reset its settings to defaults, unless you have made numerous, unsaved customizations to the program:

Reset Photoshop preferences