cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live view problems using Canon EDSDK

vinei
Apprentice

My program uses canon EDSDK 2.15, and my camera model is EOS100D.

The program starts live view then takes photos when user click a button. It takes photos well most of time, but sometimes live view doesn't work. There is not any error message that camera doesn't connect to program as well. Just transparent rectangle places instead of live view. Of course taking photo function does nothing.

I found the case that if two programs using the camera are running at same time, the late executed program does not catch the camera. But it is not the case. The problem occurs when single program is running.

Does anyone have any idea of this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

vinei
Apprentice

@vinei wrote:

The program starts live view then takes photos when user click a button. It takes photos well most of time, but sometimes live view doesn't work. There is not any error message that camera doesn't connect to program as well. Just transparent rectangle places instead of live view. Of course taking photo function does nothing.

I found the case that if two programs using the camera are running at same time, the late executed program does not catch the camera. But it is not the case. faceforpc The problem occurs when single program is running.

Thanks for the help.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@vinei wrote:

I found the case that if two programs using the camera are running at same time, the late executed program does not catch the camera. But it is not the case. The problem occurs when single program is running.

The camera needs sufficient light to lock focus before it will fire the shutter.  Two programs cannot access the same physical resource at the same time.  It does not matter what the resource is.  It could be a camera, a thumb drive, printer, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements