cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep liveview on in my pc using EOS Utilty 2

traveler582
Contributor

Liveview shot.tif

I just installed EOS Utility 2 on my macbook air and am pairing it with my T3i camera, when I go into Liveview through my pc, it keeps shutting off after 15 seconds or so.

Is there any way to keep this on?

I keep having to click 'Depth of Field' preview on and off, and actually it shows live when it's clicked off (blue), but again, it shuts off too quickly.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi traveler582!

Thanks for posting.

After about 30 seconds of non-operation, the camera will turn itself off to conserve battery power.  You can then wake it up by pressing a button, typically the shutter button halfway pressed works the best.  I recommend that you change the Auto Power Off setting so this does not happen so often, or at all.

1. Press MENU.
  2. Select the [Tools #1] tab.
  3. Select [Auto Power Off].
  4. Select [Off] or another desired setting.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi traveler582!

Thanks for posting.

After about 30 seconds of non-operation, the camera will turn itself off to conserve battery power.  You can then wake it up by pressing a button, typically the shutter button halfway pressed works the best.  I recommend that you change the Auto Power Off setting so this does not happen so often, or at all.

1. Press MENU.
  2. Select the [Tools #1] tab.
  3. Select [Auto Power Off].
  4. Select [Off] or another desired setting.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How about I say, your response, in addition to Canon's rsponse, which was for me to install:

"EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.0A".

made it possible to now work beautifully!!

Thanks

Announcements