Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

how do I press the mobile connect button when it is greyed out?

Highlighted
VIP

Re: how do I press the mobile connect button when it is greyed out?

You need to provide some information about what you are trying to do.

• What is the exact model number of Canon equipment you're using?
  • What type of host mobile device, or computer, are you trying to connect?
  • What operating system is your host device running?
  • What software package are you trying to use to make the connection.
  • What error messages, if any, are you receiving?

Help someone to help you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

canon sx60 HS.  I was running camera window and wanted to change to camera connect. Followed some online instructions to delete my iPad from the mobile connect button in the settings menu but the button is now greyed out so I can't restore the iPad as the target device as imstructed.  ive trie resetting everything to default but that has no effect so I'm now baffled . Camera works fine but some night extended exposures need the camera really steady so I need the remote control facility afforded by the camera window or camera connect apps.  Would appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers, David

Highlighted
VIP

I take it that you're trying to make a wireless connection.  Visit this link, and navigate to the SX60HS support page.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support  

You should see a link to "Wireless Help".  Make sure your camera has wireless communications enabled, not USB mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."